Finished Keen mods

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Tseki
Vortininja

Finished Keen mods

Post by Tseki »

Hello!

Is there any finished (or at least playable) Keen mods that I could play Right away? Would be awesome to play some new Keen levels :)

Thanks!
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Here's a fairly complete list of Vorticons Mods.
http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Vorticon_Mods
mind you that you have to copy your own Keen2.exe or Keen3.exe in the mod folder for Keen2 and Keen3 mods, but Keen1 mods can be played right away, but for all mods: be sure to run the .bat file, not the original Keen*.exe
For the levelpacks (lower table, still incomplete, there are a lot more), you normally need an original Keen folder and extract the levelpack in there, it will overwrite the original levels.

Here's a list of each and every Keen Galaxy mod/levelpack that has been published:
http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Galaxy_Mods

If there's a problem with running any of the listed mods/packs or a broken download link, then post it and I'll try and fix it.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Tseki
Vortininja

Post by Tseki »

Thank you tulip! Appreciated!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Do we have a rating system like we had on Spartang? It'd be nice to show people the most awesome mods.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

just give them keys of krodacia and death in the desert :p
nothing usefull here
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I started collecting data for a difficulty rating of the mods, to show which mods are rather not touched until you gained level 20 of Keen Mastery (I'm still happy when I get more input for it:https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewtopic.php?t=718), but it hasn't been set up yet.
A quality ranking would be great to see, but I hardly think the KeenWiki would be the place for that sort of thing.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
sbartus
Vortininja

Post by sbartus »

Keen 7 "Keys of Krodacia" release thread, download link in the first post:
viewtopic.php?t=566
Keen 8 "Dead in the Desert" release thread, download link in the first post:
viewtopic.php?t=762

The above are complete, high-quality mods. They are heavily modified Keen 4 and Keen 6 (this includes composing music for them), but the "look and feel" is identical to original CK games.
In my view, the episode 8 is so well made that a person new to CK could think that it is an original episode.

If you like them, Keen 9 is prepared for release in 2010:
viewtopic.php?t=774

Regards.