Galaxy Mods???

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Galaxy Mods???

Post by Syllypryde »

What the hell happened to all these Galaxy mods that were going to come out? At the time Dead in the Desert was a work-in-progress, there were other modders working on Galaxy mods. MR_M was working on a Keen 4 mod where the story would explain why the Gnosticenes owed Keen a favor. Levellass was working on her Zoltan's Revenge Keen 4 mod. Tulip was working on the 4th sequel to his Onward: Silcar series called Onward: Silcar 5, a Keen 5 mod. Henrock431 was making R.O.C.K. I know this a fangame and not a mod, but its design seemed similiar to a Galaxy Mod.

As for Vorticon mods, what is the latest with Keen-5, Keen 10 and Shikadi's lastest mod?

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

They're probably still working on their stuff on and off. It's not like everyone has their entire lives free to be devoted to modding. People have school, jobs, etc. to keep up with too.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

And other pastime interests than just Keen modding... But I'm sure some of them at least will be out one day.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

my latest mod was done in septemeber and sent to playtest, but i lost msn at that time (my comp doesn't want to upgrade), losing contact with playtester, probably it is playtested but i just didn't receive results (yet)

i could release an un playtested one that might have a few bugs if u like that more.
nothing usefull here
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

As long as your mod is not lost forever, everything is fine for me shikadi, we are patient.

My Silcar 5 development has pretty much stopped since I started working on Keen 9, and will probably be completed after Keen 9 is out.

Keen 10 is not a vorticons mod, but planned as a dreams mod, I don't know if it will ever be completed, but I really hope it will be, as well as Candy Dreams.

There's still Llass' latest vorticons mod we're all (or at least some of us) making levels for that will drop like a bomb on Vorticons mods. I guess that one is now mostly in the hands of the levelmakers.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

I apologize if I gave the impression that I felt the modders were being lazy, or that I was trying to rush people to get their projects done. My primary purpose for starting this thread was to find out the progress of these new mods. Modding is not an easy task. I actually tried it once and gave up because I realized I could not do it. Just as there is limited time to create a mod, there is also limited time to play a mod. I would really like to play every single mod ever created at least once, but unfortunately, that is not possible.

As for mods I am playing, here is where I stand. I finally completed The Keys of Krodacia on hard. I skipped Cliff Hanger. Maybe within a month or two from now I might go back to the previous save point before I completed Reef and try to beat CH again. Aliens Ate My Babysitter... Again is being played on normal. Once normal is complete I will play on hard. Onward: Silcar 1-4 has been on my computer for close to a year and I have only skimmed through each game. I think I might finally give this series a serious play through. Somewhere inbetween all these mods, I will give Episode Smile another try. I have 5 levels complete. It took me 9 lives to beat these levels, which leaves me only 1 life for the remaining 11 levels! Talk about FUN FUN FUN...!!! lol

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I'm excited about you eventually playing my mods. I'm looking forward to your usual detailed report of playing through it.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

The Foray in the Forest mod I'm working on (note the present tense :o ) went on standstill once my semester at school got going. 18 credit hours is tough to get through sometimes.

Anyway, I looked over what I had finished and realized I had more done than I thought. The world map is more or less finished; I may end up dropping my underwater level, but I really don't want to.

I'll update my thread for my project.
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Ah, Keen -5 development is going quite well indeed. I just need to text patch, make four more levels, add points, decorate a little bit more, do the wonderful ending squence of Oz (lol), possibly make a few more tiles, fix up the misc screens, do all the boring work, and send it away for playtesting. I might release demo #2 as a Christmas present.

>>FLEEXY<<