iPhone CG

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
FCTW
Grunt

Post by FCTW »

I would love to see builds for iPhone, PS3, Xbox 360, and especially the DS, Wii, and Android incorporated directly into CG, but I don't have the know-how to help establish such just yet. When I get there, you can be sure that I will do all that I can to see that this happens.
Okeyday.
pizza2004
Vortininja

Post by pizza2004 »

Well, I've made numerous attempts to get it running on the Wii before, and it has never worked. I even got the source code for the version of CloneKeen someone ported to the Wii (based on a version ported to the DS) but that didn't seem to help either.

iPhone has been successfully done, but PS3 and Xbox 360 would both probably be useless to try as Homebrew is virtually nonexistent. DS and Wii are both possible I'm sure, but we haven't seen a successful port yet. Android is also being worked on, but I don't know the status. Now, if it weren't for the better security measures in the 3DS than in any other console I would say use that one. It has a feature that will automatically get security updates and such from others when you get close.
FCTW
Grunt

Post by FCTW »

pizza2004 wrote:It has a feature that will automatically get security updates and such from others when you get close.
Wow. I didn't know that. Even still, nothing is unhackable. It's just a matter of resources and motivation. I suspect that not long after the 3DS comes out it will be hacked. And even though the hacking post-update process has a guaranteed delay, updates are likely to be kept up with.

Once I've learned enough I will try to help get the Wii stuff sorted out. :helmet
Okeyday.