Apologies for disappearing

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
pizza2004
Vortininja

Apologies for disappearing

Post by pizza2004 »

I'm sorry for just sort of disappearing out of nowhere for such a long time. I sort of lost interest in developing this, but I was going to continue to at least update the Mac version. As you'll see if you look in the thread for that, I had a lot of troubles doing that, but I was finally able to get it working and then release a new version on Mac.

In other news, I moved to a new town and got a girlfriend, and this has certainly had a huge impact on how I'm able to spend my time.

I'd like it if Gerstrong would either contact me via email or Skype when a new version is going to be released so that I can get that running on Mac, because I'm not always going to be perfect at checking the forums for updates. If you don't know my email just PM me on here and ask. At some point if I actually go through college and learn C++ instead of only knowing a token amount that I've picked up by reading code I might start helping program the game again a little, but I just don't know enough to actually do much other than build for Mac, sorry.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Apologies for disappearing

Post by Roobar »

pizza2004 wrote:and got a girlfriend.
No further explanation needed :P.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Well, I tried to talk to you through Skype, but you didn't answer. It doesn't matter anyway.

It has been a lot of time since Commander Genius started. A lot in our lifes has happened and I'm pretty sure I talk for everybody.

That someone loses interest in the project is understandable. Even I have low times on it. So well, if you want to dedicate on something else, it is okay. I won't be mad or anything. I'm very grateful that you helped us a lot and also maintained the Mac Port, and you are still doing it as you promised.

I'm pretty happy that you managed to get it built and it's working. Apple has a bit different stuff, and I know about clang. It has been there for some years that they changed it. Clang is not really a compiler and bases on GCC, but that's another story.

Girlfriend are important and life goes first and before our these activities here. After all CG is an open source project, we don't get paid. So yeah, this has its issues as model of software. I also do other stuff, have my job, and a small company, etc...

I will send you an email to inform you when the release is about to get uploaded.

About C++. Well I learned a lot while practising here, and I think it is a good chance, but then again C++ is a hard language.

I also try as usual to slim down the code, but really it's difficult, as now Keen 5 and 6 are coming. It's getting more and more. But when the Keen games are all in, I will rework the structure to make it more solid and easier to get into...
Having fun developing stuff...
pizza2004
Vortininja

Post by pizza2004 »

Thanks, that's very helpful! Sorry, I was still asleep when you said something to me through Skype.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

glad to hear you're back. I'm on an off all the time too lately, since so much happens in my life. Anyway I try to keep in touch and every time things have calmed down a bit I try to help a bit here.
Image You crack me up little buddy!