Things went to poop pretty quick

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

My intuition is telling me this is not a galaxy mod.

My intuition also reminds me of your Keen 3000 klik & play fangame.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Thank you for the update LL, it's appreciated. Sorry to hear all that bad stuff has been going on.

On the plus side, wrecking buildings sounds fun. I hope you pick/sledgehammered the spiders that bit you back. At least they weren't asbestos, which is the far bigger risk in building demolition. (Or any kind of building work, including renovation or even entering a roof - people reading this, please check for asbestos before you do ANYTHING, even if it's just making a small hole in some plasterboard!)
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I do not fear asbestos, it is surprisingly bad at killing you. There's a town in (where else) Australia that's taking an awful long time to die despite being pretty much made of the stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wittenoom, ... _Australia

Basically it was lightweight timber and corrugated iron structures with some concrete path smashing, tree removing and steps-putting-inning. The spiders are only really dangerous to small children and maybe not even that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-tailed_spider (People still however swear that there have been deaths so I don't know.)

Commander Spleen wrote:THAT IS A PICK NOT A SLEDGE HAMMER
Indeed, I uploaded the wrong photo, but all the sledgehammer ones were taken in poor light. I also have a leverage bar.

wiivn wrote:
Levellass wrote: i got bit by a number of spiders.
Can we call you spidergirl now?
Not until my movie comes out. *2034 right after the third Howard The Duck release.)

Plasma Captain wrote:My great grandmother refuses invasive/lengthy/expensive treatments for some of her problems, but she's 90-something years old and speaks as though she's ready to go.
It could be a pick, it could be a sledge hammer, but either way, you don't argue over semantics with someone who's wielding one. You just calmly accept whatever they decide to call it.

...Hey, what's that little animal in the corner? It's so cute.
The lady here is 86 or so years of age.

The animal is a mongrel chihuahua.

VikingBoyBilly wrote:I see. What constitutes the demand for a longer tutorial? Are we going to have new gameplay mechanics? :begging
A basic two-player mode, yes.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

yeah as far as i know, the white tail spider is indeed deadly. i didnt know you got them in NZ :)
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Levellass wrote:I do not fear asbestos, it is surprisingly bad at killing you. There's a town in (where else) Australia that's taking an awful long time to die despite being pretty much made of the stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wittenoom, ... _Australia
Well it's doing an awfully good job of killing a family member of mine and other people I know.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Levellass wrote:
VikingBoyBilly wrote:I see. What constitutes the demand for a longer tutorial? Are we going to have new gameplay mechanics? :begging
So was this engineered from Coopkeen or Commander Genius?
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Poptart wrote:So was this engineered from Poopkeen or Commander Genius?
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

Levellass wrote:
Indeed, I uploaded the wrong photo, but all the sledgehammer ones were taken in poor light. I also have a leverage bar.
Do you have the same fanatical smile in the other photos as well?
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Plasma Captain wrote:It could be a pick, it could be a sledge hammer, but either way, you don't argue over semantics with someone who's wielding one. You just calmly accept whatever they decide to call it.
I see you've played sledgehammery-picky before.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Yeah mate, come the raw prawn Sydney Opera house!

Well, this weekend was... eye opening. It hit me like a lead anvil. There's nothing quite like seeing someone you've known (However tenuously) reduced to not even being able to get out of a chair. It's strangely sobering and slightly depressing and it makes you wonder about how your own life may end.

I won't say much on this since it's LL's life and not mine but wow, I don't know when this cloud of gloom will lift.

VikingBoyBilly wrote:
Levellass wrote:
So was this engineered from Coopkeen or Commander Genius?
No, it's built from scratch using the Keen 5 engine. Hope to have a video out about it in the next few days.

candyjack wrote:
Levellass wrote:
Do you have the same fanatical smile in the other photos as well?
Pretty much, it's my default now.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.