Next Release of Commander Genius will be minor and mayor

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Next Release of Commander Genius will be minor and mayor

Post by gerstrong »

After I got some feedback and complains, I will be working on two branches now.

The release 1.8.0.0 is out, but I'm not that happy yet. Win32 has been dropped, because I really lack of time for linking a lot of different versions, but since still many people have 32-bit systems I will provide another version maybe with that update together and I think we should somehow provide Win32 and Win64 builds. I will try to get it running that way.

It is expected to be released in hopefully two weeks, I will try to add as much feedback as possible. This time there has been plenty, more than I expected. That's great, it really makes me happy and helps the project a lot.

Special thanks to Hagel and Mancus for a lot of stuff they tested! Also thanks to the Github community providing me pull requests and so on.

The second branch will be full of new features I plan and it is to become version 2.0! I want to release something special here so we are preparing that and if I get lucky at work, the year with that release is going to end awesome!

Also the HQP. Keen 4 with cool graphics thanks to an awesome tileset. Let's try that out and maybe someone want to create more colorful graphics for mods or other episodes. I also will alllow high color sprites if someone wants to try out that and maybe high resolution as well. Still looking for that...
Having fun developing stuff...
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Win32 would be awesome for me, otherwise I couldn't really be of use anymore, unless I get a new machine.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

'This release will have a few small updates to the sound code for a more authentic adlib experience. Also it now renders everything in 3D.'
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

tulip wrote:Win32 would be awesome for me, otherwise I couldn't really be of use anymore, unless I get a new machine.
Yeah, don't worry, I see that the demand is high. After the High color tilesets for Keen 4 I'll build a Win32 version
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Levellass wrote:'This release will have a few small updates to the sound code for a more authentic adlib experience. Also it now renders everything in 3D.'
What? I don't get it.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

gerstrong wrote:What? I don't get it.
And example of a minor and simultaneously major change.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Levellass wrote:
gerstrong wrote:What? I don't get it.
And example of a minor and simultaneously major change.
Ahh okay, right :-)