OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

What would a Keen Go augmented reality game be like?
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

wiivn wrote:What would a Keen Go augmented reality game be like?
filled with suffering
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

wiivn wrote:What would a Keen Go augmented reality game be like?
Filled with Mimrocks
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Pogo injuries would be through the roof. Pogo Corp's influence will be unbounded, our hospitals would be overloaded, and productivity would be down thanks to the broken limbs and everyone having to restart the day at the first injury.

Also Green Bay Packers would be #1.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

What would a Keen Go augmented reality game be like?
I imagine fending off an alien invasion of Earth. Using the gps to locate alien landing patries and defeating them via Neural Stunner mini game. Collecting candies, key gems, and other items, perhaps via pogo mini game. Using key gems to open doors to access and destroy alien tantalus stations. Not sure how to work in other planets. Perhaps they could use the same maps/gps info with just a different graphical skin for the environment and different spawns, changed via portal or BwB transport.

It's a fun idea :)
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Ceilick wrote:I imagine fending off an alien invasion of Earth. Using the gps to locate alien landing patries and defeating them via Neural Stunner mini game. Collecting candies, key gems, and other items, perhaps via pogo mini game. Using key gems to open doors to access and destroy alien tantalus stations. Not sure how to work in other planets. Perhaps they could use the same maps/gps info with just a different graphical skin for the environment and different spawns, changed via portal or BwB transport.

Actually yeah, I can see something like that kinda working, but I feel that AR games as a whole should be within a safe and finite space.
[offtopic]If there's anything I've learned from all the Pokemon Go news it's that the players seem incapable of understanding that they are playing a game in the real world, where they are so busy chasing after invisible sprites they can't tell when they're on a busy road or trespassing on private property. Pokemon Go, and really any open world AR game, can actually lead to genuine real world consequences if the players aren't careful.[/offtopic]
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

chrissifniotis wrote:
Ceilick wrote:I imagine fending off an alien invasion of Earth. Using the gps to locate alien landing patries and defeating them via Neural Stunner mini game. Collecting candies, key gems, and other items, perhaps via pogo mini game. Using key gems to open doors to access and destroy alien tantalus stations. Not sure how to work in other planets. Perhaps they could use the same maps/gps info with just a different graphical skin for the environment and different spawns, changed via portal or BwB transport.

Actually yeah, I can see something like that kinda working, but I feel that AR games as a whole should be within a safe and finite space.
[offtopic]If there's anything I've learned from all the Pokemon Go news it's that the players seem incapable of understanding that they are playing a game in the real world, where they are so busy chasing after invisible sprites they can't tell when they're on a busy road or trespassing on private property. Pokemon Go, and really any open world AR game, can actually lead to genuine real world consequences if the players aren't careful.[/offtopic]
I swear it was aliens! There were a group of people 'just walked by my house, all wall eyed staring at their phones. they gathered 'round that old memorial nearby and started chanting weird words like pokegym and Pee-ka-choo.
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

Lunick is Here
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

Lunick wrote:Image
I can't believe I have a 1 out of 15 chance to get him, but I'm glad that an official keen figure exists. I would still be happy if I got doomguy or BJ.
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

I don't remember Keen ever looking frightened, except in a few title graphics. Did the designer never play Keen and just assume those titles were representative of the entire game?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

For the 25th Commander Keen Anniversary, we've got a Commander Keen themed level for Super Mario Maker by Tom Hall and NOTHING from id software!

For Sonic's 25th Anniversary, SEGA announced Sonic Mania - a 2D pixelated throwback to the classic Sonic series! Back to the roots with 16 bit graphics, new engine with classic physics and more awesomeness. It's just done right! The sequel we all wanted, but never had! SEGA finally did it right!!!

While I'm excited about the upcoming new Sonic game, I'm sad that nothing is coming for Commander Keen :(.
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

It's only done right because SEGA are not actually making it and competent people are working on it.
Lunick is Here
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Lunick wrote:It's only done right because SEGA are not actually making it and competent people are working on it.
Yes, allowing it.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

Keening_Product wrote:I don't remember Keen ever looking frightened, except in a few title graphics. Did the designer never play Keen and just assume those titles were representative of the entire game?
He's afraid of Alduin
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

People of PCKF, I've got to tell you! MCMISHIMA BURGERS ARE PEOPLE! :eek
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.