Commander Keen CD

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Sonic CD didn't have tails in it. Neither does Sonic 4. How can they possibly expect me to want to play an 'upscale' sonic game without tails? :no

... I'll probably try to beat sonic CD, someday...
Tails is in Sonic CD, but not in the actual game. He just quotes "See Ya In The Next Game!" I played through it many times, and now getting the time stones right after the other from Zone 1 is a breeze for me. I think it's easier, then the rest of the game already has a good future! .. and saves time.

This takes me back to what my Sonic Mobius project was. for ten years, it was under then name of Sonic CD 2. Sonic and Tails are both playable in the engine, and always were. I changed the name for other reasons but there is a Sonic CD 2 underway by a tech member at Sonic Retro.

I don't want to tie any of Keen CD into Sonic, it has to be much bigger and better than what Sonic CD was. Even though to this day it is my favorite Sonic game.
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

Deltamatic wrote:The other character could be Keen's little sister, or Spot. (Spot = tiny jumps, immune to hazards.)
Forgive me for "double-posting" but I think Deltamatic's "Keen's little sister" idea would be a perfect choice for an added human character. What do you guys think??
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I have her in a mod I've got on the back burner. Becky Blaze.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

Levellass wrote:I have her in a mod I've got on the back burner. Becky Blaze.
Aww, I wish I could see what she looks like in sprite form, so curious. Do you have her sprites made yet?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

She's not a playable character, so there's not much spritage, I was considering a sequel, but Alex(?) had a Becky mod in the works years ago. But I have the basic stuff done, yes.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Keen CD should have an awesome intro music video just like Sonic CD :)
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Keen CD should have an awesome intro music video just like Sonic CD :)
You know, that was an option that I kept open and there's no reason why not. :)

See, a lot of Keen CD development will be based on high-detailed graphics and improved mechanics, not to mention longer animation frames. And smoother screen scrolling - should it be possible in the engine when the character sprites are ported.

Also, the fact that 32 colors used - would open up a wide varitey of designs and that's kinda what I saw in SCD. But unfortunately, some of Sonic's mechanics were flawed. ex: Regular spin-dash.