disabling god mode.

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Ceilick wrote: I don't mean to offend anyone by the following, but I kind of assume that anyone without enough time to play or motivation to try without cheats won't mind waiting a few weeks or however long for cheats to be enabled. Either they're interested enough to try it out, off and on as the case may be because of time constraints, or they're just not that interested and won't mind waiting. I think this is pretty much applicable to any mod being released.
Aside from the possibility of death before I find out the ending, I personally wouldn't mind; mortimermcmire might though :crazy
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

Shmaynoria > Keen 9
That remains to be seen. :P I will say this though, I played through your mod after the competition and I'm playing through the re-released version...and they are both awesome. :D
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Paramultart wrote:I sure wouldn't want someone to just "breeze through" an amazing mod such as Shmaynoria and overlook all of my beautiful hard work that went into it, and I certainly wouldn't want to rob someone the life changing experience of beating it fair and square.
I just finished Shmaynoria yesterday. Shame about the blank ending, otherwise it's awesome!
Paramultart wrote:Seriously though... Shmaynoria > Keen 9 :p
This
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

however, the godmode disabling on AAMBA is truly infuriating at the last level, where i'm stuck after the maze of switches, and the shot-disabling giant switch.

grr.

PS: does anyone know how to either reenable cheats, or to get past that place? pm me if you do
mortimermcmirestinks
Owner of Club Vort

Post by mortimermcmirestinks »

KeenEmpire wrote:
Ceilick wrote: I don't mean to offend anyone by the following, but I kind of assume that anyone without enough time to play or motivation to try without cheats won't mind waiting a few weeks or however long for cheats to be enabled. Either they're interested enough to try it out, off and on as the case may be because of time constraints, or they're just not that interested and won't mind waiting. I think this is pretty much applicable to any mod being released.
Aside from the possibility of death before I find out the ending, I personally wouldn't mind; Mortimer McMire might though :crazy
Why? I know he's counting on Keen dying... :confused
...says the most charming guy in the room.

I'm back... kind of? Not really.

You can also find me here.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I know LL disabled cheats when possible just to be mean. It's something I'm considering emulating. (Also it frees up patch space.)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.