Keen Meets the Meats!!!! (KMtM!!)

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.

Whaddya' think? Good idea?

Super
67%
Ok
11%
Meh.
17%
This eats GARG.
6%

Total votes: 18

GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Keen Meets the Meats!!!! (KMtM!!)

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Not getting started on this at all, but I opened this forum for general suggestions/music/enemies/names/etc... I'll start it in 2011.

What I don't need:
-Name for the Boss
-What happens when you hit enemies with the FP replacement (CharGrill Grenade).

Anything else is fair game.

It will be a Dreams mod, and there will be no pogo stick. Have at it, guys. :)
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Ideas for Keen Meets the Meat have been discussed here: viewtopic.php?t=1200&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Yay, i always guessed somebody will make it. ;)
Yeah, piece of cake!
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

ideas:

d'oh, KD?

asparagusto: ke-robert (bob=robert)
apel: squi-udon a squid with a noodly helmet
squasher: liver and let die
brocolash: hame-bon, a mutton-club with a club!
frenchy: roaster pig
carrot courier: battering ham (sheep-shaped wall-slab of meat)
sour grape: grounding beef
pea pod: organ grinder
pea brain: pulsing flesh
tomatooth: walron
melon lips: turducken bombardier
tater: blood-sausage hound
boobus: the big elbowski (vegetarian hippy boss)
waving tree: appetizing platter

BBombs: chicken nuggets
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

eros- JEEZ! You work fast. We'll see when the time comes to this, but I like these. :o :disguised

Ceilick: Well, I never saw that forum. Probably because I never would have looked for it in the "Official Games" forum... augh...

Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Lord Liver? Sounds like a load of tripe to me.

It should be possible to patch the enemies somewhat, but not as extensively as Keen 4-6, since we don't have a RL\RW patching CKDPatch for it.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Levellass wrote:Lord Liver? Sounds like a load of tripe to me.

It should be possible to patch the enemies somewhat, but not as extensively as Keen 4-6, since we don't have a RL\RW patching CKDPatch for it.
Gee. Thanks. :dead :bloody Well, I'll just use the one Eros came up with, then. That one IS better anyway. :crazy
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Sausage snake/serpent is a must.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

I'd say make the asparagusto a sausage snake like Grimson said. Possible name: Cobrasaus. :D
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Gee. Thanks. Dead Bloody Well, I'll just use the one Eros came up with, then. That one IS better anyway. Crazy
Tripe? As in cow stomach? As in meat? No?

Right people, you need to start eating more organ meats. There is more to cows than steaks and mince you know!
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

that makes sense that the boss is liver, but i already thought of the "liver and let die", which i find quite humorous.

the basic idea that i came up with is monsters with some sort of meaty relation, as well as small strings in art and pop. culture
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Levellass wrote:
Gee. Thanks. :dead :bloody Well, I'll just use the one Eros came up with, then. That one IS better anyway. :crazy
Tripe? As in cow stomach? As in meat? No?

Right people, you need to start eating more organ meats. There is more to cows than steaks and mince you know!
Alright, fair enough. I honestly didn't know... :o :dopekeen Well, then, I may or may not do that, I have plenty of time.

Eros: Good point, I saw that and thought, "Oh look, my idea WILL work", since in the original KD, you had the tater trooper+Boobus, and now you have those... but whatever, I'll just go with yours :)
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Hi, sorry to bring this back up... but I had a question. Perhaps somebody who has been working on xmas 2010 can answer it. How do I find the title screen? I found the one in the tileset, but its the old one, and editing it does nothing. How do I find the one that's in the game? I only want to know because I at least wanted to release a title screen...
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

How about having a level where Keen fights maggots inside a giant rotting carcass?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

You are a warped person you know that?

The version of Keen KDPatch was made for (Unfortunately) is a 'demo' version, with all sorts of nonsense attached. The tiles aren't used for the title, in favor of a SoftDisk form of compression in KDREAMS.CMP. KeenGraph can import this (And export if it is decompressed.) Get it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3940020/KEENGRAPH.zip

To set this up you will need to copy KG to your mod folder and three files from the Extras->Dreams folder. They are a graphics LIST file, Keengraph's instruction file (To tell it to import Dreams) and TITLESCREEN.BMP, your new title screen. Just run keengraph when you want to update the titlescreen. It should (very quickly) say something like 'Importing titlescreen...'

Soon KG will import/export all Dreams graphics, as soon as a figure out a small font bug.