Commander Keen: GBC4PC

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.

Good idea?

Yup! Great!
40%
Umm, okay i guess...
40%
Why do you do this to us? Go away!
No votes
Not good.
No votes
EAT GARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i.e., really really bad)
20%

Total votes: 10

GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Commander Keen: GBC4PC

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Am I getting ahead of myself :lol? This project is 3rd on my list of to-do's, and I'm really only posting this here to let everybody know that it IS being done. It should be started in late 2011 and out by mid 2012. For those of you who are waiting for the end of the world, you're just out of luck then, I guess.

The project is mainly made in order to preserve not the gameplay, but instead the characters, story, music, enemies, etc., in a format that actually works: a mod of an original Keen game for DOS.

In order to even thing about this project, though, I need information from you guys, so that I don't get a bunch of "WHY THE GARG DIDN'T YOU DO THIS THIS WAY YOU FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" whan the game is released :bloody .

So, firstly:
-Do you want me to create the graphics using only the 5 original GameBoy Color colors? Or do you want the graphics restores in our full 18 keen colors?
-How do you want to handle death/health. I can mainly do one of 2 things:
1) I can make the "Lives" into the "continues", where you have to start from the beginning of the levels.
2) You patchers out there can help me add the "health" mechanic to the game.
Either way, you still will have unlimited ammo, since EVERYTING IS OUT TO KILL YOU :bloody :bloody :bloody :bloody :bloody

Now, the big one-
-I need to know what you all want about the releases. I can do 2 things here

1) Release a single keen 6 mod of the game, with fewer enemies but all 9 of the levels in the same place. I'd rather NOT go with this option.
2)The option that I like:
Release 3 seperate mods, one for each of the planets featured in the game, with some new levels if you want. This can allow for all enemies to be included, better graphics, better story, better hold to the original.

Lastly, to any of you people who worked on Keen8 out there: if you would be kind enough to help me patch the boss battles when the time comes, I would be eternally grateful :p .

So, i now have a request; DO NOT POST ANY REPLIES IN THIS FORUM YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Instead, please copy the following into a Private message, add your responses inside of the double Brackets, and send it to me. That way, anyone who comes to this forum doesn't have to sift their way through a bunch of responses to get to this post. :begging

On new year's day, 2011, I will tally the votes to see how I'm gonna' do this, and then you can all post here...
-How to release (option 1 or 2. Its about what you want from the game.) [[]]
additional comments/requests
[[]]

Thank you, GARGapplesauce :GARG
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.