Copyrighted Commander Keen fan made games

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

szemi wrote:But you are a little bit miserable.
If you actually attempted to use your IQ at least once in your life, you would realize how stupid the topic you opened is.

How could a mod be copyrighted if ID never authorised any mod and mods were not even being MADE back when commander keen was made?

But sure, because thinking is too hard for you, you decide to open threads about the most obvious questions you have. Sorry but this makes you look like an idiot. And believe me I'm not the only one who thinks that.
szemi wrote:Don't think that you are the somebody here.
Except I'm not a 20 years old who acts like he's 8.

Oh and, here's a tip for you. Instead of insulting people on the PCKF why don't you attend an english class or something? I can't understand what you're saying most of the time.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Being Hungarian is TOTALLY an excuse for broken english and ignorance in regards to copyright. But CKeen, if you look even closer, you can see he's a high school student, not a 20-something. Idunno bout you, but I said a lot of idiotic things in my teenage years. And my mechanics in, say, French, was terrible. just sayin.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Being Hungarian is TOTALLY an excuse for broken english and ignorance in regards to copyright. But CKeen, if you look even closer, you can see he's a high school student, not a 20-something. Idunno bout you, but I said a lot of idiotic things in my teenage years. And my mechanics in, say, French, was terrible. just sayin.
Nobody cares. This is an english community not a hungarian or french one, and as such if your english isn't at least TOLERABLE (which isn't the case here), you need to get out. Also from what I know he's 20 years old if not older. I said a lot of idiotic things in my teenage years too and people made fun of me for that. I don't blame them at all as thanks to them I managed to improve. I am actually giving tips to him here, in hope he's going to learn something before considering about hitting the "post reply" button again.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Being copyrighted is the choice of whoever made the content. It just has to be marked as such. Just means it can't be duplicated without permission. Also applies to modifying content and distributing it in another form.

Yes keen is a trademark and has it's own copyrights. Although fan works and parodies are generally permitted. It's why big shots like Nintendo crack down hard on piracy but not at all on fan produced images and content. That is unless that content is made for profit, discourages sale of their own legit products, or is intended to defame or lower their trade marks reputation.

Keen mods generally encourage the fan base to grow. So that's a good thing for Id if they finally decide to make money off of keen again.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Right. That and the fact that since we can't get new games, people make them. They aren't trying to copyright them, just spread the keenliness (I KNOW that's not a real word). But, if someone didn't know that mods didn't fall under copyright claims for the original product, there's nothing wrong with answering their question and letting them know that they don't apply. Its a legit question.

Of course, doing so doesn't involve berating the person, and making them feel like a complete imbecile, and about grammar, especially if they might not be an english native speaker.

I mean, I admit that saying this:
"I didn't ask you,ok? So get away, stupid kid!! Anyway you aren't so funny. =)
But you are a little bit miserable. Don't think that you are the somebody here.
I suggest you to listen. =) Just as an easier version. XP"

might deserve a bit of a harsh response, but I don't really think it deserves this...

"If you actually attempted to use your IQ at least once in your life, you would realize how stupid the topic you opened is.

How could a mod be copyrighted if ID never authorised any mod and mods were not even being MADE back when commander keen was made?

But sure, because thinking is too hard for you, you decide to open threads about the most obvious questions you have. Sorry but this makes you look like an idiot. And believe me I'm not the only one who thinks that.
Except I'm not a 20 years old who acts like he's 8.

Oh and, here's a tip for you. Instead of insulting people on the PCKF why don't you attend an english class or something? I can't understand what you're saying most of the time."

Your grammar isn't perfect, either, buddy.

And you can't use an IQ.

Really, everybody just needs to stop dumping Garg on all of the other users. Commander keen is a game, intended to be fun. So, a forum about it should likewise be fun, for people from everywhere, and of every age...
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

I'm not even going to read your post until you learn how to use [quote].
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

GARGapplesauce wrote:Really, everybody just needs to stop dumping Garg on all of the other users. Commander keen is a game, intended to be fun. So, a forum about it should likewise be fun, for people from everywhere, and of every age...
I know how to use quote. And you just proved me right. Thanks.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

GARGapplesauce wrote:Your grammar isn't perfect, either, buddy
WHEN did I say your grammar has to be perfect? No seriously, WHEN did I write that? NEVER. Stop pretending I said things I never even mentioned.
GARGapplesauce wrote:And you can't use an IQ.
you definitely can't.
GARGapplesauce wrote:Really, everybody just needs to stop dumping Garg on all of the other users.
Which is exactly what you're doing right now. Stop posting.
GARGapplesauce wrote:Commander keen is a game, intended to be fun.
Cool story bro.
GARGapplesauce wrote:So, a forum about it should likewise be fun, for people from everywhere, and of every age...
Tell that to your friend szemi then, not to me, "buddy".
GARGapplesauce wrote:I know how to use quote. And you just proved me right. Thanks.
Here's a protip for you tough guy: don't jump into discussions if you have absolutely no idea of what's going on. You're new here and I'm pretty sure this is the first forum you ever use, so you just need to learn your place and stop complaining, like we all did before (with some sad exceptions).
Last edited by Dynamo on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:11, edited 1 time in total.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

SWISH!

There goes the point of my post, right over your head.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

GARGapplesauce wrote:SWISH!

There goes the point of my post, right over your head.
Good job on avoiding replying to my post. Just shows that you have no arguments whatsoever and only want to create drama.

"Thanks for proving me right", buddy.
MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

CKeen, man, you gotta change your avatar. Doesn't look angry enough. ;) :P
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

WHEN did I say your grammar has to be perfect? No seriously, WHEN did I write that? NEVER. Stop pretending I said things I never even mentioned.
if your english isn't at least TOLERABLE (which isn't the case here), you need to get out.
Hmm... :foot
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

You want a reply? I have arguments, and you DO dump garg on other users all of the time. Your last post was a good example, only posted to make me look like and idiot (which is not being accomplished, as far as I know...

In the "How often are you on the PCKF? thread:
CKeen wrote: You are all foob.
CKeen wrote: Everytime a stupid thread pops up.

Which is like, every two minutes
"Is Megavolt Harry Potter?"
CKeen wrote: more? I can get them, there's plenty!!

...and some people need five posts to write one sentence. That's how the internet goes.
You know, I don't find any of this really bad, its just unneccessary crap towards other members. Seriously. I know you're trying to express you opinions (which I generally don't agree with, but you should speak nonetheless), but you don't need to express them by spamming everybody else here. I guess you think you're being funny or something, but really, no. Get a life.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

StupidBunny wrote:Image
Uuuhm.... Popcorn?