Copyrighted Commander Keen fan made games

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

StupidBunny wrote:Image
I second the motion.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Am I missing something? :) ;)

and Ckeen- If you say Brain Cells, AAAUGGGGHHHHH :lol
Last edited by GARGapplesauce on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:30, edited 2 times in total.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

Popcorn, as in, "I'm gonna sit back and watch the show." :P
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Ah. Oh boy, here we gooo...
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

GARGapplesauce wrote:
StupidBunny wrote:Image
Uuuhm.... Popcorn?
to go with the drama?
Do we dare get into the 'advice' CKeen gave BGM on the suicidal thread? Bah... but now we're going into a cycle of hypocrisy, ranting on CKeen for flaming us for ragging on him about being harsh to other users...

Call me nosey but now I gotta know: Szemi, how old are you? Are you really over 20 and still in high school? Is the Hungarian school system different from what I'm familiar with (highschool = 14-19yr olds) or did you just not change your profile in a few years?

edit: Yeesh, there's literally 4 new posts between when I started writing and when I put the post through :tired
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

Szemi is 20. He's a month or so older than I am.

@CKeen: I admit, having talked to Szemi a fair amount, it isn't always easy to understand his English, but to make the comments you did was insensitive and just plain nasty.
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:edit: Yeesh, there's literally 4 new posts between when I started writing and when I put the post through :tired
It took you over 2 hours to write that? :confused
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

About the "high school", I'd say he means "university". In Czech, we say "střední škola", which would be translated into "middle school" and high school means university. I can't speak Hungarian, but maybe it's similar.
And CKeen, no offense intended, but you really seem to be thinking that you're above us, ordinary Keeners.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

StupidBunny wrote:
VikingBoyBilly wrote:edit: Yeesh, there's literally 4 new posts between when I started writing and when I put the post through :tired
It took you over 2 hours to write that? :confused
3:33 - 1:31 = 2:02 :O
Wow, what kind of temporal displacement happened there? It only felt like 5 minutes :stoned

edit: actually, the start time is anywhere between 1:31 and 2:00. Or I could've just left the page open for 2 hours without refreshing it.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

MOM4Evr wrote:CKeen, man, you gotta change your avatar. Doesn't look angry enough. ;) :P
You don't even know 2/10 of the characters that are in my avatars. :|

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jak_II
GARGapplesauce wrote:You want a reply?
Sorry for asking you such an UNUSUAL thing. I am going to confirm this is the first forum you ever visited.
GARGapplesauce wrote:I have arguments, and you DO dump garg on other users all of the time.
You don't have arguments and you don't have proofs either and I'm just going to demonstrate this. It really isn't my fault if some users here post just for the sake of posting. I wouldn't complain at all if they didn't open stupid threads and attack people for no reason at all (Yeah I'm still not the one who started this discussion, szemi told me to fucl off, I answered and you guys were quick into jumping on this discussion which is none of your business just for the sake of complaining and being idiots.
GARGapplesauce wrote:Your last post was a good example, only posted to make me look like and idiot (which is not being accomplished, as far as I know...
Excuse me? My post was meant to show you you're BEING an idiot, not wanted to make you LOOK like one. Like, seriously, do you even read what you write at all?
CKeen wrote: You are all foob.
I was just joking and commenting how lame the joke they made was :| I did not want to sound offensive with anyone. Obviously you're talking without having any idea of what you're saying.
CKeen wrote: Everytime a stupid thread pops up.

Which is like, every two minutes
How is this being rude? I'm just telling the truth. PROVE ME WRONG.
CKeen wrote: more? I can get them, there's plenty!!

...and some people need five posts to write one sentence. That's how the internet goes.
I don't remember what the first part of the post was referred to but in the second part I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, it was just a general statement. Which, once again, is true and proven.
GARGapplesauce wrote:You know, I don't find any of this really bad, its just unneccessary crap towards other members.
Do you even realize so far the one who's thrown craps at other members here is you? Hell even szemi's post is understandable at some extent (and we all know why) but as I said you're new here, you need to learn your place and shut the fucl up.
GARGapplesauce wrote:Seriously. I know you're trying to express you opinions (which I generally don't agree with, but you should speak nonetheless)
Not that your opinion matters anyway since so far you accused me of false things quoting posts that were either a joke and weren't take seriously by anyone BUT YOU or were just plain TRUE and PROVEN.

I, on the other hand, have shown proof for any single thing I've said. Once again, you're more than welcome to prove me wrong here, IF you can.
GARGapplesauce wrote:but you don't need to express them by spamming everybody else here.
SPAMMING? You are accusing me of SPAMMING? This is just about all I can take. WHEN DID I SPAM?
GARGapplesauce wrote:I guess you think you're being funny or something, but really, no.
I'm not. I can't tell if you are or not, though.
GARGapplesauce wrote:Get a life.
Coming from you, this is really, really funny.
The Keen Commander wrote:Hmm... :foot
There is a HUGE difference between tolerable and perfect. If you can't see it then don't even bother posting.
Nospike wrote:And CKeen, no offense intended, but you really seem to be thinking that you're above us, ordinary Keeners.
I fail to understand your point here. How am I acting like I'm above "ordinary" keeners? Why do people on these boards hate so much the fact I'm pointing out PROVEN FACTS?

Of course, there are people like STupidBunny who obviously are having fun reading what is written here (I'd do the same if I were him). You NEVER see me arguing with people like him, and you don't see stupid threads by them either (inb4 stupidbunny opens one to make fun of me :<). Do 2+2 and you'll get what I'm trying to say.
VikingBoyBilly wrote:Do we dare get into the 'advice' CKeen gave BGM on the suicidal thread?
:::::::::::||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The advice I gave him was "Don't kill yourself. Don't even think about doing it.". I still fail to see what I did wrong.
VikingBoyBilly wrote:Bah... but now we're going into a cycle of hypocrisy, ranting on CKeen for flaming us for ragging on him about being harsh to other users...
Yeah. I wasn't the one who started this, either.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

*sigh* Oh, my... *puts popcorn away*
CKeen wrote:Yeah. I wasn't the one who started this, either.
Well, I don't think the point is who STARTED it as who continued it. Here's how I see the conversation so far...
-szemi says something that sounds kinda dumb
-CKeen slams him
-szemi says an odd comment, possibly due to his lack of knowledge in english, or his aforementioned "disorder", that appears to slam CKeen.
-CKeen slams him
-GARGapplesause speaks up
-CKeen slams him

etc...

Look, man, maybe it's just because English isn't your first language either, but grace and tact in speech can go a long way in helping other people understand each other better. I don't mean to come across as coming back at you, but I would like to see more kindness of speech.

As far as "FACTS" go...
-If someone is totally convinced that something is correct, and someone else disagrees, that first person cannot claim that it's a fact without evidence, or proof.
Which leads to a definition of "PROOF":
-Evidence that the said second person can agree with. Which means if the first person presents evidence the second person disagrees with, it's not proof.

Granted, from your point of view, it may seem like proof, and you can quote someone else and take each sentence at a time as evidence, but in that case, there may be some misunderstanding as far a subtle meanings of words and how the sentences fit together as a whole paragraph is concerned, which probably is the root cause of the misunderstanding in the first place.

And speaking of subtle meanings, the only post that's been really aimed against you harshly is GARGapplesauce's last one, last couple sentences. But that was only a natural reaction about your choice of wording. I don't know where you learned English from, but what you have posted so far does come across unnecessarily harsh, at least in my opinion.

I would appreciate to hear your thoughts and comments on my post here, but I would appreciate it even more if you could phrase your next post nicely. If you can't phrase stuff nicely, that's ok. I totally understand. But if you don't mean to offend someone and you aren't quite certain how to phrase it, you can always say something like "no offense intended" just so everyone understands clearly.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Since I'm sick of writing tl;dr posts we'll discuss this here on IRC where there aren't people who jump into discussions just for lulz. Tell me when you're on.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

I'm done in this forum, CKeen. I'm not even going to respond to the garg here, as it would probably involve me saying something that would get me kicked off of this forum.

MOM4Evr- I agree with what you said about the evidence, and especially since most of the evidence involved making me look like a total foob, which I'm not.

I'm glad that most of you in this forum have some common sense (and internet graces).
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

No, don't ragequit. That's a totally unnecessary solution. All you have to do is not respond to things that you think would result in you getting angry, nasty, frustrated, etc. (CKeen should actually probably try the same thing) and let it sit. CKeen might not always have the greatest self-restraint but I don't think you should be preaching like you're much better about it. If other users are saying things that bother you or are arguing with each other, just stay out of it, wait for them to get it out of their system(s), and you'll be fine. I learned long ago that the best thing to do with forum drama is to not be a part of it.

(And, I suppose this post might be considered an entry into said forum drama, but then again I may well not post a follow-up to it since I'm not terribly invested in the issue. :P )