Commander Keen Meets the Beatles!!!

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.

Is this cool?

Yeah!
37%
Okay...
5%
Hello, GOODBYE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5%
stop coming up with ideas- you are full of GARG (please don't use this option :)
53%

Total votes: 19

GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Commander Keen Meets the Beatles!!!

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Genius314 gave me the inspiration for this one, and it will be 4th on my "to-mod" list...

Keen must travel around England in order to rescue all four of the Beatles from levels with poorly-punned names, and kill enemies with even more poorly-punned names. So, what I would love is some help from all of you. Those of you who create music have a request from me- can you all work on making a few beatles IMFs for this project??? I'd particularly like "Lucy in the sky with Diamonds" and "Yellow Submarine", this music would make this a really cool project. Anyone who wants to help, pleas edon't ask yet. this is far-future stuff, a long way off. I just wanted to announce it.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

It sounds interesting, but I'd slow down and work on what you have in progress now before coming up with new ideas. I speak from plenty of personal experience when I say that, when you have too many modding ideas on your plate at once, less of them are likely to be seen through.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

I know. That's why I'm giving them about half a year+ each, and I'm not putting anymore out. This forum was solely to show people the idea, and see if anybody would be interested in doing music... :)
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Too late. Mortimer already got Jon Lennon.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

No. Just No.

PROTIP: Don't have a to-do list for mods. It's the best way to get nothing done and suffer from total stagnation all-around.

Not gonna name names on who I'm referring to, either.
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

This is an awesome idea, but I'm with the general consensus that you're biting off more than you can chew...maybe pass this idea on to somebody else and concentrate on what you've already got? At any rate, I'd recommend not looking for ideas and help for this project yet...keep some notes for yourself and if/when you get around to it, then come for ideas.
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

I think it's a good time to abandon ship with new ideas that go along the lines of "keen meets the so and so or the this and that"...
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

This is a terrible idea IMKO. Meets the Meats is amusing, Meets the Beatles...
_mr_m wrote:No. Just No.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I liked this mod better when it was called Bazooka Wowbagger.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Re: Commander Keen Meets the Beatles!!!

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

GARGapplesauce wrote:"Yellow Submarine"
EARTHBOUND REFERENCE! :D
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Aside for the fact I hate the beatles with a passion, I think I've told you this before but working on 4 mods at a time is NOT a good thing. They will either end up being lame or you'll end up killing them. Unless you're a super modder or something.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

(Or you'll find yourself 7 years after starting your first mod with several mods at 50-90% completion.)
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

How bout instead of the band, Keen gets stuck on a planet filled with dung beetles... It could be called Shmaynoria 2.

Also... Finally an opportunity to use this: :british
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I made a surreal-themed Keen 3 graphics skin a long time ago which uses Led Zeppelin symbols as the keys. I'd post it for download but there's still bits and pieces of it I'm too lazy to finish. /offtopic
Commander Spleen wrote:(Or you'll find yourself 7 years after starting your first mod with several mods at 50-90% completion.)
These are wise words. This is exactly the reason why I have several mods of both Keen and Doom at 50-90% completion that have largely aged too much to be worth finishing. :(
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Know what'd be cool? Mortimer McMire meats the Beatles. There'd be four major levels in which you have to lure a Beatle member into a meat processing machine.