Commander Genius 0.3.3.1

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Commander Genius 0.3.3.1

Post by gerstrong »

Since the development went very well and we had a lot of changes, also thanks to FCTW, who has been supporting me much lately, we offer another special release. It's a pre-release to 0.3.3.1

Don't be fooled, that release provides already more than we expected. Checkout the work we have been doing in Episode 4. If you had problems with the music and hq using version 0.3.3.0 check out it this version. It has many bugs fixed.

This time we have provided a Windows Installer, which will quickly install CG with Keen 1 and 4.

It's still under testphase, but it already works well. I hope it makes your life easier and lovely. Of course we still provide the zip package. Debian packages use a new system and will be always up to date.

Linux versions are now formatted as tar.gz. Linux and Zip shouldn't be I think.

So have a lot of fun and enjoy the web-site provided by FCTW:

http://clonekeenplus.sourceforge.net/
Having fun developing stuff...
pizza2004
Vortininja

Post by pizza2004 »

Wait a second... Aren't we going to release this tomorrow or the next day anyway? What was the point of this 'Prerelease' then? Oh well, I guess what is done is done.

Well, Version 0.4 is scheduled for release in 2 months, but that might not happen. We have made a lot of progress toward getting it finished, but it doesn't look like we are close enough to release to me. We only have basic support for Keen 4, and basically none for Keen 5, so I think that release will probably be postponed.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

basically there are two reasons for that prerelease:

- I have updated the compilation/build/packaging system and wanted to test it.
- The version thanks to FCTW is very mature and we got all done what was planned and even more if you check the keen 4 support.

It's not the final release. Another will come out in the next two days. I hope we get some feedback and then it will be real release where we all release everything together.

It was an exception for this month and won't happen again.

About version 0.4. I guess we will have to prospone it. Keen 5 loads it least. Check it out! It's not playable though...
Having fun developing stuff...