Scroll Effect and Version 0.3.3.2

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).

Scroll Effect of Keen Galaxy Status should also be used in Vorticons?

yes
50%
no
50%

Total votes: 6

gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Scroll Effect and Version 0.3.3.2

Post by gerstrong »

Hello guys,

I think we are ready for the next version of CG.

I have some plans here what the future of CG will be and I would like to discuss it a bit with you.

I also made a poll right here. I hope some answer it short and briefly just by clicking. I´m like feedback to make CG better and better as you know.

What I have in mind for CG next versions is this to see in Galaxy:

1.- Implement Jump cheat
2.- Implement push out colision function, in case Keen gets stuck somewhere. Must be done, because our colission model is still too bad.
3.- Implement Scroll blocking.
4.- Implement no clipping mode
5.- Implement God mode
6.- Make all switches work finally

This is what I want to do next as this order goes on. As you see AI is missing. I hope FCTW can help a bit with it, because I think he already has good understanding of it.

Of course I will be looking in fixing bugs reported on trac as much as possible.

As always everybody is welcome to join and help us to make the best ultimate Commander Keen interpreter the world has ever seen.

The next version will be show finally the status screen. This is already done in the recent GIT upload. If you test our latest versions you will see how awesome they already run Keen 4. I hope we get that rhythm and make this old retro revived the best to our modern computers.

Gerstrong out! ;-)
Having fun developing stuff...
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

could there be any possibility that you could change the scroller in the options?
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Of course! Obviously I would implement an option for that.
Having fun developing stuff...