GP2X version

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
linobi
Meep

GP2X version

Post by linobi »

Hi there...

I wanted to ask if there is any good reason for the lastest version of CG (~1.0) , the one that (will) supports Galaxy trilogy not to be ported on the GP2X like the previous versions.

I mean, I know it is no longer a popular handheld, however I still got it and I was thinking in grab a copy of the sources of CG and make the port myself... if it is a clean cross compile, but don't know if something has changed with the SDL or the very gcc itself used, so it won't compile that easily, or not at all and I will only hit a hard brick wall.

Thanks
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

The guy who ported this to those consoles seem to have retired himself. It's been some time that he built CG for GP2X and Wiz devices.

If you want to compile this newest version, (would be nice as release of 1.0 is about to get released) I might help you. Tell me what doesn't work.

Admittedly the newest CMakeLists has some flaws regarding that port because it has been getting a lot of updates to improve our ports, being Windows and Linux.

If you want to port it you are welcome to do so. Would be nice to have someone in the team covering that, because the interest still seems to be there.

Regarding the toolchain you need to know some things that have changed.

You might need to use GNU 4.6 at least, because the code now uses some C++11 goodness. I have tested that here and on Android so be sure to have those compiler versions updated.

Also telling, it just doesn't won't help us, because here on Linux works. Please tell me then, what is wrong so I (we) can help.
Having fun developing stuff...