This is neat

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

This is neat

Post by Keening_Product »

So I now have a smartphone.

One of the first things I installed was CG, and I'm amazed (but not surprised) by how well you have translated the controls for a touchscreen device!

The extra tolerance for inaccuracy is good - trying to stand on the edge of slime pools, for example, would be a pain if it weren't for the fact that you can now step a little into them.

I have a question though: Is it possible to get into the secret area in K4 level 1? I can see the lift in there but can't get in.

Also, is the extra bullets trick in the B&B level possible? I tried it but it doesn't seem to work.

Sorry if these questions have been asked before.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Re: This is neat

Post by gerstrong »

Keening_Product wrote:So I now have a smartphone.

One of the first things I installed was CG, and I'm amazed (but not surprised) by how well you have translated the controls for a touchscreen device!

The extra tolerance for inaccuracy is good - trying to stand on the edge of slime pools, for example, would be a pain if it weren't for the fact that you can now step a little into them.

I have a question though: Is it possible to get into the secret area in K4 level 1? I can see the lift in there but can't get in.

Also, is the extra bullets trick in the B&B level possible? I tried it but it doesn't seem to work.

Sorry if these questions have been asked before.
Hi Keening_Product,

thanks for compliments! In fact the controls are based on a lib one of our team members created for many DOS games. It became quite popular for other games as well. So the main credits for that go to him. He is called Pelya and I will tell him. It's good to read about people liking our stuff.

Now getting to your questions:

The secret place in Level 1 doesn't work anymore, but that's due the collision detection we have now. I think at some places it got too good. I will try to fix that for the upcoming release.

About the B&B extra bullet trick. I guess you mean that you get bullets when you run low on them. This actually will work in the next release, as well as other bullet item which appear in level whenever you run low. Also the placement of enemies will be fixed. Some are still out of the place.

So stay tuned for the upcoming release. Over the Google Play store it will be delivered as well.
Having fun developing stuff...
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Ah, excellent! I was being really picky when raising those issues - it's a spectacular program.

I showed it to a stranger on the train the other day and they immediately downloaded it.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

A lot of people on this forum is picky and that's fine, because it helps to improve the quality.

Most of the people who play CG don't notice those issues, because they didn't play it that much. So it's good pinpointing those issues. I might not always see them.

Anyways, thanks again. The upcoming release will be even much better!
Having fun developing stuff...