Release v1.2

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
pizza2004
Vortininja

Post by pizza2004 »

I've checked, the list shouldn't return anything higher than 1920x1080 for resolution for me, but it always does. I think the verification might be broken on Mac. Also, whenever I try to enter fullscreen it flashes to black for a second and then disappears and all I can see is my desktop. I don't know what's causing the issue, but it means that Fullscreen is entirely impossible on Macs for the time being.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Does any resolution with SDL on Mac in Fullscreen work? Which are supported. So the list it retrieves is wrong?
Having fun developing stuff...
pizza2004
Vortininja

Post by pizza2004 »

I just checked, and resizing the window doesn't work at all on Mac. I'm able to resize it, but then it's just a mess of weird graphical artifacts inside and the game stops rendering period. So, fullscreen doesn't work (I tried several resolutions that should have worked, I always got the same result), and resizing windows doesn't work on Mac either. It seems like you just directly load the list from the resolutions file into the settings menu though, this code here:

Code: Select all

mpResolutionSelection->setList( ResolutionsList, NUM_MAIN_RESOLUTIONS );
	std::string resStr;
	resStr = itoa(mUserVidConf.m_DisplayRect.w);
	resStr += "x";
	resStr += itoa(mUserVidConf.m_DisplayRect.h);
	mpResolutionSelection->setSelection(resStr);
It appears to me like that's just directly calling the resolutions out of the resolution file, so I don't see how it could be filtering them. I know the filtering process happens because I had it print to the console whenever it goes through, but that doesn't seem to actually come back and display in the settings menu.

Edit: I also replied to your comments on Github, just so you know.

Edit 2: Yeah, that code just directly calls the resolutionslist.h file, and in fact the SDL file that has all the checks to filter the resolutions isn't even included in the menu file. So that's just a direct call to that resolutions list with no filtering done.

Edit 3: Also, on the note that you mentioned needing to have a static resolution on Android because it was having problems. Does the SDL_VideoInfo command not work to grab the display's current resolution? Because if it does, we should just use that with some aspect correction, or check to see what the largest multiple of 320x200 that will fit on the screen is and center it in order to make it better fill the screen. I don't really know what you'd do with this, but that's just my two cents on the matter.

Edit 4: I think I'll just create an issue on GitHub so we can work on it there instead of here.