Version 1.8 (not released yet)

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

As I said, the crashing happens completely randomly. It's not a frequent occurence but it does hurt dem feels. Another problem I've noticed is that the crashes seem to corrupt the save file, as when I tried to load my latest save after the crash, the game kept freezing.
When I lock the screen and unlock it, it takes about 10 seconds for the game to load up again. Not a big deal, but it probably should be fixed if possible. Very rarely this causes the game to freeze.
I have a HTC Desire S if that helps.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Nospike wrote:As I said, the crashing happens completely randomly. It's not a frequent occurence but it does hurt dem feels. Another problem I've noticed is that the crashes seem to corrupt the save file, as when I tried to load my latest save after the crash, the game kept freezing.
When I lock the screen and unlock it, it takes about 10 seconds for the game to load up again. Not a big deal, but it probably should be fixed if possible. Very rarely this causes the game to freeze.
I have a HTC Desire S if that helps.
Pelya works had to get SDL on every device correctly running and avoid freezing. I will release another version with new controls and hopefully, thankfully to him, a more stable port.

I'm pretty sorry, that I still wasn't able to fix those issues for your device. Samsung Galaxy devices, I have some here, do not have problems at all...
Having fun developing stuff...
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

No problem, sorry if my last post sounded demanding. :) Good luck to Pelya.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Nospike wrote:No problem, sorry if my last post sounded demanding. :) Good luck to Pelya.
I hope the next release is better. We support more and more devices every time and maybe with SDL 2 it will help, because a lot of new and improved code goes into the bundle
Hagel
Vortininja

Post by Hagel »

First, all you did great work in your project. I tried to play 2 Keens at once with a 2 Axis Controller and it was hilarious ;)

Nevertheless I would love to see some bugs removed that kept me from doing a huge 4 Player Keen Marathon:

- Keen 2 and 3 froze after you stepped on an elevator or one of those red helper robots

- Keen 5 froze after finishing the first level

- The teleports in TUIT Battle of the Brains didn´t work

Furthermore I experienced some minor bugs, i.e.

- Friendly fire did not work

- Wormouths in Keen 4 were replaced by mines (I do not know if this was on purpose)

I experienced most of the bugs on PC as well as on Android ( Sony Galaxy 10.2)

Talking about further implementations, you put so much effort into reconstructing Keen or make mods work, wouldn´t it be cool to use this effort to implent some kind of Commander Genius run Level Editor or some modding options (that needn´t be necessarily be compatible with dos?)
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Hagel wrote:First, all you did great work in your project. I tried to play 2 Keens at once with a 2 Axis Controller and it was hilarious ;)

Nevertheless I would love to see some bugs removed that kept me from doing a huge 4 Player Keen Marathon:

- Keen 2 and 3 froze after you stepped on an elevator or one of those red helper robots

- Keen 5 froze after finishing the first level

- The teleports in TUIT Battle of the Brains didn´t work

Furthermore I experienced some minor bugs, i.e.

- Friendly fire did not work

- Wormouths in Keen 4 were replaced by mines (I do not know if this was on purpose)

I experienced most of the bugs on PC as well as on Android ( Sony Galaxy 10.2)

Talking about further implementations, you put so much effort into reconstructing Keen or make mods work, wouldn´t it be cool to use this effort to implent some kind of Commander Genius run Level Editor or some modding options (that needn´t be necessarily be compatible with dos?)
Thanks for reporting this, I have feed github issues with it.

For now I'm more a one man developer on this project, so it takes some time. The new Multiplayer mode has been released for the first time in Galaxy and many changes were to be made, also in keen 1-3.

Another version will be released as soon as possible and you have my word, those bugs will go away. I'm happy, you report it, because I didn't notice those bugs. The Keen 5 freezing is pretty strange I should have seen it or one of our testers. Some bugs of what you reported is gone anyway...
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Hello,

I just want to let you know that the next release is about the get for download and it will use the GsKit I have been working on.

Many new features aren't there but I think it is much more solid and better thought out than before.

I'm going to add the last feature and will inform you, when it's out.

Of course our testers will get it first with a nice message...