Keen Error

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Keen Error

Post by entropicdecay »

I am now announcing the release of a new mod, Keen Error. It can be acquired here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/96somlqzf5do9 ... r.zip?dl=0
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

It's funny and crazy for a short while, reminding me of crazy glitches and corruption. But I have no clue how to even finish the first level... :dead
Wow look at me I'm lurking
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

DaVince wrote:It's funny and crazy for a short while, reminding me of crazy glitches and corruption.
Glad to hear it, that was the general idea!
DaVince wrote:But I have no clue how to even finish the first level... :dead
It's not possible to do so. This is a small mod I made quickly that's going in a miscellaneous collection of various media (music, images, writing, etc.) that I'm working on and was just something I decided to whip up instead of a small Flash game I was working on in Stencyl because Stencyl crashed or something. However it did cause me to get some of the Keen modding tools set back up on this computer that I could potentially use for a more involved mod or levelpack at some other time, who knows?

I've always wanted to make another "proper" mod since I was never completely satisfied with Keen 0 (although I don't think it's necessarily so bad given I made it when I was in my early teens, and some people seem to like it and in terms of the learning experience of working on a mod it was worth doing even if I don't think the final work turned out that great), it's just that there tend to be all sorts of other things I'm interested in doing too.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Not possible? Aw, come on, man! This was going places! (Well, I guess it wasn't, but still. :p )
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Still better than Keen Meets The Meats :p .

Um, actually you CAN play more (of the original) levels if you god mode and have the nerves to find them.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

wiivn wrote:Still better than Keen Meets The Meats :p .
Yeah, piece of cake!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

szemi wrote:
(pic)
Wait, are you really explicitly stating that this is better than MtM, even though he made a joke? Wow. :dead2
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I like this, too. Everything is so perfectly fuzzy. I remember getting errors like this with sprites that had were too long in length. Just imagine what it could be:

Last edited by troublesomekeen on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:42, edited 2 times in total.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

DaVince wrote:
szemi wrote:
(pic)
Wait, are you really explicitly stating that this is better than MtM, even though he made a joke? Wow. :dead2
It wouldn't be better If I was able to play KMTM :P
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

wiivn wrote:
DaVince wrote:
szemi wrote: (pic)
It wouldn't be better If I was able to play KMTM :P
You can! Just download the link I posted. Sure, it's not compressed like Lass's release zip, but it works (according to consumer testimonies).
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Your version crashes even earlier i.e. when I start a new game.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Thanks for sidetracking the thread to talk about somebody else's mod :P
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

elecdude33 wrote:Thanks for sidetracking the thread to talk about somebody else's mod :P
Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I made the off topic thread for.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I like the idea / what we see here. It has potential. The graphics are actually pretty cool.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

KeenRush wrote:I like the idea / what we see here. It has potential. The graphics are actually pretty cool.
Thanks. Like I say, I'm open to the possibility of maybe working on a version with more levels etc. at some point. Not sure whether I will but it's possible