Keys of Krodacia

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Anoba
Vortininja

Keys of Krodacia

Post by Anoba »

Hello chums,
I'm new here. I recently began replaying the Commander Keen series from Mars to Babysitter, and I of course downloaded the fan made Keen 7, which I'm finding to be a grand tour of exploration and discovery-- both comprehensive and fresh. In the former Commander Keen forum, a man named Brian whose avatar there was "Ceilick, if memory serves me correctly, posted Keen 7 and was himself its creator. Ive been trying to get ahold of him these last few days as I want to contribute artwork, general concepts, and story material to his proposed Keen 8, and a possible Keen 9 to top off his unofficial "...Toast" trilogy. I'm a creative writing undergrad at SIUC, and although most of my colleagues would find lending my time toward such a trivial seeming project to be silly and stupid, I do not. I love Keen, and I've always maintained that it doubled my imagination. Please help me get ahold of this prolific Keen modder. Otherwise, I'd gladly lend my sketches and writing to someone willing to create a Universe is Toast trilogy anew, or even just 8 and 9. Especially if Ceilick is married and gone, dead in Iraq, or what have you.
I'd consult with anybody who has technical expertise, but ive none myself. However, ive a good blend of humor and weirdness in me, and I'd gladly offer what I've got to the right person... or Ceilick.

-Anoba
Compromising folks drive cars. Wise folks ride bikes and trains. Clever folks ride pogo-sticks.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Hi, glad you liked my mod and that it's inspired some keenish work and ideas from yourself.

As it is, my versions of keen 8 and 9 probably won't reach finality, mostly due to time constraints and lack of will (though i'll admit, every now and again I find myself opening the tilesheet to doodle a bit. I even had a dream the other day that Mortimer's ultimate plan involves id never having made TUIT :lol )

I'm not really short on ideas, its just a problem of actually making them. That said, if you've got something specific, feel free to send it to me or contact me via msn messenger (this goes for anyone else interested in contacting me) at brianclav[at]family[dot]net. Can't say i'll actually use any of your ideas, but if I don't I'll let you know so you can share them with the rest of the keen community.
Anoba
Vortininja

Ceilick

Post by Anoba »

Thanks, Brian. This is neat.
Compromising folks drive cars. Wise folks ride bikes and trains. Clever folks ride pogo-sticks.
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

krodacia was great, really a top notch job, but im really looking forward to a real 3d keen...but like i said, krodacia was brilliant and is my all time faveourite fan game
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

jonnyspeight wrote:krodacia was great, really a top notch job, but im really looking forward to a real 3d keen...but like i said, krodacia was brilliant and is my all time faveourite fan game
The Keys of Krodacia is my all-time favorite of all the mods as well.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

aw you dudes are making me want to play it again...i dont have a fucl computer!!! what's wrong with this world :begging
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

Oh, my... Keys of Krodacia. It's really neat.

Could someone provide me with a link where I can download the mod? Haven't played it in ages. Kinda miss it somehow... :confused
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Bipship has the most up to date list with all mods released.

If you want Krodacia directly use this link.
http://www.bipship.com/db/mods/Keen7.zip
Image You crack me up little buddy!
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

did the dude use original music or music from the games?
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

The dude wanted to use original music, but had trouble importing it. There's a few tunes by Keenrush in the file, but thats it.

This is kind of surprising to me, both this topic and the one about what keen games are on your computer. I hadn't realized the Keys of Krodacia was so popular.
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

oh yeah keys of krodacia was brilliant, pity he didn't finish them. ah well
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Yeah He didn't finish them. :lol
jonnyspeight you don't even realize who you're talking to...
Image You crack me up little buddy!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

I think Ceilick's use of 'the dude' is adding to the confusion. :D
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:I think Ceilick's use of 'the dude' is adding to the confusion. :D
Maybe Ceilick thinks "The Dude" is a better name! Maybe that is now going to be the name of his next project:

Keen 8- The Universe is Toast (Unofficial): The Dude

Apparently when Keen gets launched into space and lands on that abandoned planet. There is only one form of life. They call him, "The Dude!" :dopekeen
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

:lol
Apparently when Keen gets launched into space and lands on that abandoned planet. There is only one form of life. They call him, "The Dude!"
Actually, the main form of life on that planet are the "Newbs"...seriously. Perhaps, though, their leader will take the title "The Dude" ;)