Keys of Krodacia

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Arjak
Vortininja

OMG!

Post by Arjak »

I have just played the first few levels of Keys and I can only say one thing:

It's like Christmas '92 finally came.

The mansion levels actually gave me chills, seeing those pictures on the walls of the enemies in past games, reminding me of everything that Keen has gone through, and now, I feel vindicated.

I feel vindicated that I am a Keen fan.

There was only one problem with this game, and that was the help screens. There were a lot of misspellings and inconsistencies:

-Cannon is misspelled as canon both times in the story text.

-In Keen's talk with Barker in the story text, the is misspelled as he at one point.

-In the previews of Episodes 8 and 9, at one point, Episode 9 is named Battle of the Brains. Later, you say it hasn't been named yet.

-The text upon quitting was mostly unchanged from Episode 4.

If you can fix these small nitpicks, I will be the happiest fan on Earth!

Now, what I loved of the little bit that I played:

-The graphics were great, especially the title screen. When I was waiting through the intro, I was hoping for a new one, and you didn't disappoint.

-The level design felt authentic. I like how in the first mansion level, you are tested on your pogo skills to reach the first door.

-It began right where Episode 6 left off. This felt important to me as a fan because it made me feel like the earlier episodes mattered.

-The new music was wonderful. It fits well with the impending doom feeling.

-Barker. It made me feel like Invasion of the Vorticons is still an important part of the Keen mythos. Having the Vorticons repay the favor of Keen saving them was a great feeling.

P.S. Keep these games coming!
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Awesome mod, feels almost like something ID software made. Congratulations.
Herbal
Meep

Post by Herbal »

I have to agree with Arjak and CKeen666, it's really like ID has been produced this episode. Although I've found an other glitch: platforms which turn sometimes invisible, the bottom part is still seen even if you shouldn't see anything. Anyway great job, I have to admit that :)

Ah and that's my first post here... :crazy
available on Skype - herbal90
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

The mark of a truly good mod indeed. Brilliant stuff.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Shilor
Vortininja

Post by Shilor »

I just played the first few levels of this Keen 7 - The Keys of Krodacia as well and I am quite enjoying it. The music is so unwelcoming and dark... It is a slightly different style of Keen but I love it! Well done! :o