The Keys of Krodacia Re-Release

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Ceilick
The Dude

The Keys of Krodacia Re-Release

Post by Ceilick »

Happy Keen Day 2009 :)

Edit: Fixed the Mushroom Forest walk out of level bug
Edit 2: Fixed the Mansion 'easy win' and loading screen typo

Download the revised Keys of Krodacia here:

http://files.commanderkeen.org/users/ceilick/Keen7.zip

New to this release:
-All new, imported Music!
-New Loading Screen
-Fixed all known errors in the original release
-Several graphical revisions
-Some new sound affects
-Fixed pole climbing errors
-Slight level revisions, primarily secret areas and point distribution.
-Lt. Barker now makes a second appearance
-Secret area added to the Bean with Bacon Level
-And more

Have fun :)
Last edited by Ceilick on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:22, edited 2 times in total.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Someone's trying to milk this.

Just kidding, I will have to check this out :)
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Ceilick, aka "The Dude"
Someone's trying to milk this.

I'll have to check this out as well. K-of-K is one of my favorite mods.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Can't wait to get home to try how the new music sounds. :) Seems like a nice list of improvements.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Ah nice. Almost like a commercial game it comes with an update :)

Time to celebrate with playing!
Image You crack me up little buddy!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Now also available on bipship.com

http://www.bipship.com/mods/author/ceilick
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

You're telling me I just played and beat the original version two weeks ago (even though I downloaded it long before that) just so you can release a better version now? :x

LOL. Maybe I'll just use the level warp cheat to hear the music :dopekeen
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Re: The Keys of Krodacia Re-Release

Post by Syllypryde »

Ceilick wrote:Happy Keen Day 2009 :)

Download the revised Keys of Krodacia here:

http://files.commanderkeen.org/users/ceilick/Keen7.zip. ........Have fun :)
I had fun all right! The improvements are cool. Most of the music is eerie, almost evil in a way. Most of the new secret areas are cool. I even like that you kept in a few of the low point secret areas. I know a few people complained that there were too few points in many of the secret areas, plus that some secret areas were too predictable. Lt. Barker's second appearance is humerous and rather Keenish.

One thing I love about your mods is the reminicing. I just recently completed all 16 levels of The Perilous Pursuit (Somehow I missed picking up Mortimer's raygun, so I was not able to see the ending sequence??????) Two of the levels in this mod, one looks like a prison with a teleporter on top and the other looks like a castle (actually, inside and out, the level reminds me of Castle Tuberia in Keen Dreams), have cells where some of your mod characters are locked away! That is a very nice touch. Now back to Lt. Barker's second appearance, it reminices back to one of the bits of information the Vorticon Elder told Keen about the Vorticon race. This was humerous and a real nice touch as well.

I like the new updates to The Keys of Krodacia. Somehow I feel you waited until Keen Day to release this new version. Nice gift to the Keeners, Ceilick!

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

I didn't find Lt. Barker's 2nd appearance--can someone help?

:) Ceilick, the new music really lends a new atmosphere to the game. Kudos on the fresh feel! Are you planning to release the MIDI files to what you've done?

I think the only levels I really got frustrated with were all the ones that require the Swim Coin. I could really tell you playtested the snot out of this. :) Great work!

What am I supposed to do about this? :)
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Xky, I made three of those songs! :dopekeen Ceilick has fun names for all the songs, he should post them. :)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Yay, the new music was cool. Some of the track I know from somewhere, like the track playing when you get a Key. But I don't know.

It's cool you used Superstition for the map. It actually sounds quite Keenish. Never realized that before.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Wow that's great! Though the music isn't a bit to my taste.

3 bugs so far.

1. The 3-rd time the scoreboard level appears, the top score names are gone.
2. Graphical bug in Private Manor where you jump through one way up platforms close to the walls, though I'm not sure. It may be just like that.
3. Dead end in Mushroom Forest (in the beginning, just turn to the right and fall down; you'll end in an are where you can't escape or at least I wasn't able to).
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Thanks for the bug check Iv4n. The first 2 are known to me; I'm not sure what causes the scoreboard to go blank. The clipping problem in the private manner isn't solvable to my knowledge (maybe with some complicated tile use). Problem 3 has been fixed and I've reuploaded.

If anyone wants the fixed version, they should redownload and, if you want to maintain your save games and scores, moving the config.ck4 and any save game files into the folder should work.

Ckguy: Thanks for uploading it to Bipship (great site, btw, use it for all my keen download needs :) ) If you could reupload this (since I fixed the above mentioned bug), that'd be great. Sorry for the inconvenience :o

Tulip: Glad you like the music. Three tracks are by Keenrush, one by me, and two are song clips edited by me. The Key song is an edited version of "Stepping Stone" by The Monkees. And the world map tune is actually an edited version of "Always on the Run" by Lenny Kravitz.

The songs by Keenrush can be found in the Blue Forest (which I named "It's Quiet...too Quiet", the Private Mansion (named by me "Into the Inferno"), and in the Mansion (named by me "Keen Rushin'"). The 'song' by me is in the Forest Tunnels (called "Ceilick Voodoo").

Xky: Check the Mushroom forest for Lt. Barker ;) Water Levels are by far the hardest to play, and testing them is extremely difficult; the dopefish sprite makes things rather unpredictable. With your situation there, your best bet (I think) is to try to escape out the left by floating as near to the ground as you can, and try to blitz out when the Ogobogo begins it's back and forth swim pattern.

I wasn't planning to release the midi files, but since you ask, here ya go:

http://files.commanderkeen.org/users/ce ... 0Music.zip

Syllypryde: Eerie (and nocternal) was definately the sound I was going for. Glad you liked the new sequence with Lt. Barker. It kind of struck me as a must have for him to say that :)

Vikingboybilly: sorry :o This update has been long overdue. I should have fixed a lot of this stuff shortly after the mod first came out. Some of this stuff has been due to more recent things though: several aspects of the end game are slightly changed to fit correctly with "Dead in the Desert" (specifically, i changed a few words in the dialog between Keen and mort [barely noticeable] and changed the cloud color in the last end screen).

Also, importing music has only been a recent possibility, thanks to Levellass. In fact, without both her and Keenrush, this update wouldn't have happened. Thanks guys :)

Has anyone found the secret in the BwB level?
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Ah, yes Kravitz I got that mixed up in my mind.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Ceilick wrote:.........Problem 3 has been fixed and I've reuploaded.

If anyone wants the fixed version, they should redownload and, if you want to maintain your save games and scores, moving the config.ck4 and any save game files into the folder should work.........

Syllypryde: Eerie (and nocternal) was definately the sound I was going for. Glad you liked the new sequence with Lt. Barker. It kind of struck me as a must have for him to say that :).........

Has anyone found the secret in the BwB level?
I am not too worried about that fix at Mushroom Forest. Besides, who is going to go right anyway? By the way, Ceilick, why is it called "Mushroom Forest" when the main inhabitants of the level are Rotten Raddishes? Yes, I found Lt. Barker's second appearance amusing and very Keenish. I did find the secret at BWB. So far I found 4,200 points there.

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees