Death to the Vorticons 3

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Death to the Vorticons 3

Post by Syllypryde »

I have completed this mod. My score is 2,150,900 and I probably have 20 or more lives. To Shikadi, or anyone else who has completed the game, I have a few questions and a comment or two. Here we go:

1) In The Peaceful Town and The Forest Mountain, there are gray areas in the ground. Are these part of the ground or are these hidden areas?

2) In Demonius Chruch, is this the real name of the level, or is this a typo and the real name is supposed to be Demonius Church?

3) There is an unnamed level that blocks the path to the Demonius Chruch. There is an extra Keen at the bottom left of the level. It this extra Keen reachable, or is it just a tease?

4) In The Nuclear Reactor, there is an extra Keen towards the top right of the level. Is it reachable?

5) In The Maze, there is a green point item right at the beginning of the level. Is it reachable?

6) in Central Road, there is an extra Keen between 2 red walls. It is reachable?

7) There is an unnamed level at the right of Central Road. In this level I have found at least 7 hidden areas. I have found the secret passages to 3 of these areas. I am completely baffled as to how to reach the other areas. One area has an extra Keen and two rayguns. Another area has an extra Keen guarded by a Red Demon. Just below this is another one with 4 yellow point items. Are these hidden areas reachable? I have done everything to find a way to get to them and I cannot.

Now for a few comments:

1) The game locked up after I killed the Sudkoka boss. So the score I reported above was my score before I began the final level.

2) I enjoyed the graphics, the level design and the monster replacements.

3) I also like your secret passages.

4) The extra Keens (Keen's helmet) were a nice touch as well. So far I have found 36 extra Keens throughout the game. At least 4 of them I could not find a way to reach them and at least 6 of them were suicide to go after.

5) Overall, it is a fun mod and I would definitely play it again.

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

Wow, how long it toke to actually see there are comments about dttv3 outside the unofficial release thread

let's see about the question...
1) it just plain foreground , made because 1/8 of the tileset was blank

2) i dind't notice (maybe i did, but forgot it)

3) reachable, but usually not worth it

4) it was first meant to be reachable, at first on the left the steel bars would take you to the top, and you fall of there, hoping to not miss it, but a change in the above part of the level caused that you go outside in top, it was made unreachable because of that.

5) not reachable, just some eyecandy

6) no , to bad bridges couln't be vertical and working at the same time

7) These were all menat to be reachable, but the playtester has changed some tile, at first i made a normal blue walls just foreground, but passable, she made it to only be passable from top, preventing you from falling or going to the left or right, if this change wans't done, all those areas were reachable, but i dind't notice it untill several days after release.

comments...
1) also found this out several days after release, worked fine before playtester tested it

3) some are not.

4) this game is , just like the original game, beatable by completing just few levels, i putted in a lot to make sure the players did not recieve (much) game overs, i also was thinking it might be a little hard, another eason to put in more 1ups.

2&5)good, i think

syllypryde is realy the only on pckf that sometimes post realy big posts about something, always interesting to read.
nothing usefull here
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

shikadi wrote:Wow, how long it toke to actually see there are comments about dttv3 outside the unofficial release thread
I forgot that it was posted elsewhere until after I had already posted. I do not go to Keen: Modding since I am not a modder, so any questions I have I will post here.
.........3) reachable, but usually not worth it
It seemed to me that even if it was reachable, you would die shortly after getting it. Basically, it looked like a suicide mission.
.........7) These were all meant to be reachable, but the playtester has changed some tile, at first i made a normal blue walls just foreground, but passable, she made it to only be passable from top, preventing you from falling or going to the left or right, if this change wans't done, all those areas were reachable, but i dind't notice it untill several days after release.
That is a shame. It looked like some of these hidden areas were kind of cool. Where you planning on fixing any of these unreachable areas or leave them as is?
.........4) this game is , just like the original game, beatable by completing just few levels, i putted in a lot to make sure the players did not recieve (much) game overs, i also was thinking it might be a little hard, another eason to put in more 1ups.
As I had said I like the extra lives. But to me what is the point of having a bunch of levels and then never play them? I like to beat all the levels in a game, not just a few.
syllypryde is realy the only on pckf that sometimes post realy big posts about something, always interesting to read.
I think I have seen some long posts here and there from others. Sometimes I have a lot to say, sometimes not.

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
nsontaylo

Post by nsontaylo »

In Death to Vorticons 3, the mad king, not as crazy as first thought, said the planet had been visisted on a small vessel with two demons that had enslaved their world. In that planet depends primarily on the star, glowing surface temrature world hot enough to boil water.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Ok this was clearly a spambot - but I am curious, how does such a bot know all those details. The sentence as such makes no sense, but the fact that there is actually a mad king in Dttv that wasn't mentioned in this thread at all just makes me think.

As well as that post in the other thread, where it somehow knew about the signed cd by tom hall, that was over at K:M at that time, but that one is a little more obvious, it may just have copied the whole sentence from there, so I deleted that.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Um, it reads the thread, copies bits out that look coherent, then posts them? Heck I have a QB program that can do something similar with Word documents.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Where did it get demons from? Someone mention doom in an ancient thread somewhere? :stunned
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

demon-like creatures are you enemy in dttv3, the post seems to be from the story text of the mod.
nothing usefull here
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

This is the second time I've seen a spam bot do that... weird. They're getting smarter. :dead2
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Oh I see, Demonious Church. Haha. How did I miss that? :dopekeen
edit: and there's a mention of a red demon.
Yeah I've pretty much exposed that I didn't even read the first post when I decided to comment :foot
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Yeah the word demon certainly is there in this thread - but there is no hint of the mad king, that somehow belongs to the dttv story. It must've browsed the keenwiki or something.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Guys, I have a confession to make, I am the bots.

For months now I have been gathering ifnormation from the community and encouraging members to send money offshore as well as invest in Mannatech (Our vitamin supplements will cure anything!) However I realize now that I have not been successful enough.

If nobody clicks on one of my urls, I will be decommissioned next week. Please, I beg you, just buy one product! Quickly before they

zfquifmb
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

I'd gladly invest in Manna!

Wow look at me I'm lurking
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Hooray! I'm saved!

Who wants cookies?
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Levellass wrote:Hooray! I'm saved!

Who wants cookies?
I'd like cookies!

You'll need some collateral to get them to me, so here are my bank account details:

Account number: 314315123456CKBB
PIN: 315314
MasterCard Debit
Name: Dr. Doctor
Organisation: T.H.E.M.
Mother's Maiden Name: Smith
Address: 123 Mortimer Cove, Covetown, Australia

Can't wait!

(EDIT: That's superfood for any spambot that is! 1UP!)
(EDIT 2: I don't get why that spambot was doing that but not trying to sell? Or was that a proof of concept kind of test? Or some spotty 15 year old punk getting kicks from making useless posts :P )
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."