Super Mario Brothers 1

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

EVERY PATCH WORKS!
Yeah, piece of cake!
Calvero
Vortininja

Post by Calvero »

DaVince wrote:
Lava89 wrote:Looks really cool! Maybe you could make Mario look like the Red & White fireball Mario? That would definitely explain why he "shoots" the enemies.
In that case, he should be big Mario, too. Since you never see a small fireball Mario in any of the games.
Wrong ;)
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

Calvero wrote: Wrong ;)
And that, my friends, is why you should make all variables as local as possible. Especially MarioSize.

Anyway, this is looking pretty great, Szemi! Keep up the good work.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Calvero wrote:
DaVince wrote:
Lava89 wrote:Looks really cool! Maybe you could make Mario look like the Red & White fireball Mario? That would definitely explain why he "shoots" the enemies.
In that case, he should be big Mario, too. Since you never see a small fireball Mario in any of the games.
Wrong ;)
Yeah, I know of the trick. It's still highly unusual.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

What I find interesting in that video is that Nintendo made a small Fire-Mario sprite that they'd never use outside of the glitch.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Update: ending story text - 100%
ending graphics - in progress
worldmap - almost done,but still some thing is missing and still needed
levels - 7 level is done from the 16

NOTE: If the things will going good, i'll make Super Mario Bros. 2 Lost Levels(which looks like Smb1,just some plus things).
Yeah, piece of cake!
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

szemi wrote:Update: ending story text - 100%

NOTE: If the things will going good, i'll make Super Mario Bros. 2 Lost Levels(which looks like Smb1,just some plus things).
It'd just be the same mod over and over again. Almost no new graphics and just few new additions that you might as well add in the current mod. Make the real super mario bros 2 if you really want to make another mario mod.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

CKeen wrote:
szemi wrote:Update: ending story text - 100%

It'd just be the same mod over and over again. Almost no new graphics and just few new additions that you might as well add in the current mod. Make the real super mario bros 2 if you really want to make another mario mod.
I think you are right,but:

1. in Super Mario Bros. 2 Lost levels include some plus things( black mushroom = die)
2. I think I MAY DECIDE myself will I make SMB2 original or the lost levels version,ok?
3. Anyway Keen 2 includes more enemy,so now i can put the bowser.
4. I'll make MYSELF MADE levels there, so no worries!

That's all to YOU, CKEEN!
Yeah, piece of cake!
Keenfan
Vortininja

Post by Keenfan »

Hey kids, calm down.

I know that people with an age under 13 are eager to insult other people on the internet, but it's not cool. Really. That is for both of you, CKeen and szemi.

I like your mod and I'm looking forward to play it, szemi. And I think it's great to see that you've got some other projects in mind. Do them if you like to. I'll definitively take a look at them as I do with every Keen mod.

Concerning CKeen I'd recommend you to ignore his postings. They seem to have only one goal: Making other people upset. If you show that you got upset, he's got exactly what he wanted. So just remember there are other, older and more mature guys here who like to see new mods and new ideas.
Keep up your good work.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Keenfan wrote:Hey kids, calm down.

I know that people with an age under 13 are eager to insult other people on the internet, but it's not cool. Really. That is for both of you, CKeen and szemi.

I like your mod and I'm looking forward to play it, szemi. And I think it's great to see that you've got some other projects in mind. Do them if you like to. I'll definitively take a look at them as I do with every Keen mod.

Concerning CKeen I'd recommend you to ignore his postings. They seem to have only one goal: Making other people upset. If you show that you got upset, he's got exactly what he wanted. So just remember there are other, older and more mature guys here who like to see new mods and new ideas.
Keep up your good work.
Here comes the obligatory knight of the lost causes. If you had actually paid attention to the thread you'd have noticed szemi has edited his post already. I did not want to reply to this thread and I won't, but you'll have to check your inbox soon.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Keenfan: Ok. I don't ignore what you said.

CKeen: Sorry.

I'm glad you are looking forward to play with my Mario mod. And I want to make SMB2 - lost levels.But now i can put bowser + black mushroom there.

Anyway i don't have tilespace for black mushroom for my current Mario mod.

How old are you Keenfan? Are you older than me that you call me "kid"? Just ask.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

szemi wrote:But now i can put bowser + black mushroom there.

Anyway i don't have tilespace for black mushroom for my current Mario mod.
But you'll have to take out something from the current game in order to make space for the black mushroom and bowser, no?

I am curious to see a video about the patches in action, if you have any.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

I can't,because those other tiles are important.
Yeah, piece of cake!
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

szemi wrote:How old are you Keenfan? Are you older than me that you call me "kid"? Just ask.
no-one knows - he's not in The File...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

DHeadshot wrote:
szemi wrote:How old are you Keenfan? Are you older than me that you call me "kid"? Just ask.
no-one knows - he's not in The File...
If I had known about that I wouldn't have even told them my age. Trust me, don't tell them anything!