Jill of the Jungle: Something I didn't know

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I now have an almost complete understanding of the editor. Is it just me, or did that explanatory document muss a few things? (Such as what the status did. I can't tell, my internet was very slow and maybe only got part of the document somehow.)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Spikenexus
Vortininja

Post by Spikenexus »

I only had a quick look at the editor document before uploading. I've had a better read now, and text in the document such as
I did not understand the correct function of this command, but it must be something that verifies player position and working.
for the 'V' key definition make me think it's written by a third party trying to document how the editor works.

I've tried to contact the person who sent it to me. Maybe they actually wrote it...

Levellass, the document is about two and a half pages long, and ends with the 'Y distance' section. If you've got that far, you've got the whole thing.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Oh. I guess I have the whole thing. There's a bit of stuff he missed out though, it really should be more thorough.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Wow, interesting. Guess there's a few more things to add to the ModdingWiki article now. I've seen a few of Roachie's fanpages for Jill, but she never mentioned knowing about the editor. Given that it's an MSWord document with smilies in it, it can't have been written earlier than 2003, and it doesn't read like it was written by someone who knew the editor inside out either.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

What I like is how the editor spazzes out when it encounters The House Of Paul in ep 3

Urge to levelpack... rising...
Spikenexus
Vortininja

Post by Spikenexus »

Ah, Roachie. I couldn't remember what her screen name was and kept calling her the 'website author'.

I tried to get in contact with her out of curiosity about that document, but both email addresses I've got listed for her are no longer active. Was she ever a member here?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I don't think so. I haven't been here uninterrupted, but I've covered a lot of this site's existence.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone figured how to get an extra key in Ep 1 level 6?
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

jill of the jungle, lol. god that was a strange game.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I see your JOTJ and raise you Vinyl Goddess of Mars.

Also Onesimus.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Levellass wrote:Vinyl Goddess of Mars.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I love how your two picks are on opposite ends of the political spectrum: a hyper-liberal (except maybe on a women's rights front) game and a hyper-conservative one.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

holy crap i remember that vinyl goddess of mars thing. i think i actually bought that for $2. from memory though it wasn't too bad of a game, gameplay wise.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I love how your two picks are on opposite ends of the political spectrum: a hyper-liberal (except maybe on a women's rights front) game and a hyper-conservative one.
Vinyl is too ridiculous to be offensive; it was going to be Jill 2 but got declined, so was hastily repackaged as more adult, and it shows. It has so little fanservice.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

At least it wasn't repackaged as Onesimus II.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

With today's tools, will it be possible to mod Onesimus: A Quest for Freedom and make it Jill Of The Jungle 4: A Quest for Freedom?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

wiivn wrote:With today's tools, will it be possible to mod Onesimus: A Quest for Freedom and make it Jill Of The Jungle 4: A Quest for Freedom?
That's rather easy to do, yes.

But given that Onesie there is just rehashed Jill stuff it'd be more like Jill 4: Here we go again!